Physical Education Rules
1. Every student must be in uniform to participate in P.E. This is the essential component of P.E. The uniform consists of shirt, shorts, and sneakers, additional equipment includes towel, white socks, and a lock. All students will have a St. John’s lick. Each student will have their own towel. An acceptable uniform is any short or shorts bought in the bookstore. NO team jerseys.
** If a student is not in uniform, that student receives an unexcused absence. Three unexcused absences in one marking period results in a failing grade in P.E. ***
2. Attendance is mandatory in P.E. To pass you must participate and try your best. Each student is graded on pass fail basis.
3. Each student will have his own towel and shower after every class unless told not to. NO student will share his towel with another student at any time. (If a student does not have a towel, his options are to shower and use paper towels to dry off with or receive a 45 detention after school). Students should not shower in their underwear.
4. If a student is to be excused from P.E, he will have a note from a parent or doctor that day and present that note to the P.E teacher. If a student does not have a note, he will participate. Any exceptions are long term excuses, Ex. Broken arm. A student must have a not to return to P.E.
5. NO vulgarity in the locker room!!!!!
6. Arrive to class on time!
7. NO horseplay in the locker room.
8. Use equipment when told to. Do not drink from the water fountain in the gym during class. Do not use the equipment until a teacher has passed it out and given permission.
9. Lock all jewelry in lockers during P.E class.
10. Lock your belongings in your lockers during class.
11. Look neat when you leave P.E class.
12. Wait in the hallway just outside the cafeteria after class, do not leave early.
13. Tie sneakers at all times during class.
14. Show any guidance slips to the P.E teacher before going.
15. WORK HARD, HAVE FUN, TRY YOUR BEST!!!