Mrs. Curran's Webpage
You may locate Mrs. Curran in Conal Hall in Room 206.
Contact Mrs. Curran by email with any concerns or questions.
Introduction to Scripture Studies class is a full-year introduction to the exegesis of the Hebrew and Christian scriptures. The New American Bible is the primary text and students must bring it to class each day. Understanding the Scriptures is the secondary text, or commentary, and students will use this book primarily at home.
Mrs. Curran quizzes sophomores frequently and tests at the end of each major unit of study.
First Quarter topics include:
- Introduction to the Hebrew Scriptures
- A contextual approach to Scripture Interpretation
- Examination of the literary patterns and lessons of the Priestly Preface (Gen1-2:4)
- Comparison between the Priestly (P) and Yahwist (J) writing styles
- Lessons of the Yahwist creation account (Gen 2:4b ff)
TEST (September 17,2008)
- The Fall of Man (Genesis 3-11)
- The Patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob
Morality and Justice
is a full-year junior level religion course that focuses on the growth and development of the human person, the objective norms of Catholic Christian morality, and contemporary social justice issues.First Quarter topics:
- Natural Law
- 10 Commandments
- Great Commandment
- The Good Samaritan
- The Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy
TEST (September 23)
- Carninal virtuest
- Human virtues