phone:(508) 842-8934, ext.511
Email Mr. Danna
Email is the preferred contact means.
Courses: AP Biology, Honors Chemisty, and Integrated Science-1
Moderator: Junior Class
Goals, Purposes and Objectives:
To become aware of how science is involved in all life and its activities.
To appreciate the improvement in the quality of life as a result of advancements in science.
To provide the basic competency necessary for successful studies/careers in science.
- Students will demonstrate proper laboratory procedures
- Students will be able to problem solve using dimensional analysis.
- Students will be able to pass this course.
The science curriulum is designed to expose and reinforce the themes/threads common to all sciences.
- Always be respectful to the rights of others
- Raise your hand to be recognized
- You are responsible to have your classroom materials: text; notebook; graphing calculator; and writing implements, daily.
- Seating is alphabetical, with special needs honored where possible.
- Homework is assigned most everyday. A related writing/problem solving assignment follows a reading assignment. Homework is expected to be completed and on time. Homework assignments are examples of testing components.
- No credit is given for late assignments
- Homework is due-in one day after an absence, unless the absence was lengthy; the teacher will give a reasonable amount of time in this case.
- The teacher is generally available everyday before or after school for help. The student should schedule a help session with the teacher.
- A general review session is scheduled, after school, on the day preceding an exam. Students may wish to attend these general review sessions.
Tests ~ 75%
Laboratory submissions ~13%
Extra-credit opportunities are provided periodically
The teacher reserves the right to make adjustments as deemed necessary, students will be informed of any weight changes.