Saint John’s All-Access Card – Student Policy
Saint John's High School uses a stored value card program, with the goal of reducing the amount of cash used on campus. Students use their ID cards to purchase food from the Salem Student Commons, items from the vending machines, and articles from the SJ bookstore. In the future, SJ hopes to add features to this program to further reduce cash use on campus in other areas.
To Use the All-Access Card:
There is a Point of Sale (POS) system at each checkout line in the Salem Student Commons and in the Bookstore. To make a purchase, the student will present his All-Access Card to the cashier to swipe. The purchase amount will be deducted from the account balance and calculate/display the new funds balance. The vending machines accept either cash or the SJ All-Access Card.
Adding funds to your son’s account:
There are two ways to add funds to your son’s account:
1. Families may access student accounts via a secure website, "OneWeb” (https://onecard.stjohnshigh.org/OneWeb/Account/LogOn). This website is used to add money to the student’s card, either by transferring money from a checking or savings account or by using a credit card. Parents may also use the features on the website to check account status, current balance, and may review account transaction history. The link to “OneWeb” is accessible through the Saint John’s website (www.stjohnshigh.org).
2. Funds may also be deposited into student accounts using the Automatic Deposit Machine (ADM), located in the Salem Student Commons. The student swipes his card and inserts any combination of $1, $5, $10, $20 and $50 bills. The amount is immediately credited to the student’s account.
Student Policy and Procedures:
In order to maintain efficiency and security when utilizing the OneCard for on-campus purchases, students must abide by the following policies and procedures. Failure to adhere to these regulations can result in loss of OneCard privileges or other disciplinary consequences.
- Purchases: When making any kind of purchase on campus, a student must always utilize his own card. Your card, your photograph, your money! Once money has been added to your account, it may not be “cashed out” from your card. At the end of the year any remaining funds transfer over to the next school year.
- No Card: If a student does not have his card, he is unable to make purchases on campus that day. If the card is lost, the student should immediately “lock” his card via the website and/or notify the assistant to the Deans of Students (ext. 221) in the Dean of Students Office. Replacement cards may be purchased for $10. In rare circumstances and only with the explicit permission of the Director of Food and Beverage, a student may purchase lunch one time utilizing his ID number.
- No Money: Students have the opportunity to add funds to their account online or by utilizing the ADM machine. If a student has no funds on his account, he may see the Director of Food and Beverage to make a one-time purchase as a credit. Students must add funds to their account by the next school day. Students who are financially unable to purchase lunch should see a Dean of Students. Due to numerous security and safety issues, students are no longer allowed to use their card to make purchases for other students.