For the upcoming school year and moving forward, the Health Office at Saint John's will be shifting all student medical information to an online database called Magnus Health SMR (Student Medical Record). There are many benefits to this change including less paperwork for parents to complete each year and having the most accurate information accesible to the appropriate staff while at school. We expect the SMR to launch within the coming days, all new and current families will be receiving and email soon with more information.
The Health Office provides nursing care to Saint John's students and communicates changes in medical status to parents, physicans, and medical personnel to ensure safety and comprehensive healthcare. We maintain confidentiality of medical issues, implement plan of care as directed by physician, administer medications, and assess health status of students.
- Immunizations may be listed on your son's Physical Examination Form or may be a separate form. All students must show documentation of having received all required immunizations. This completed form or Physical Examination Form will be uploaded online within Magnus Health.Over-the-Counter Medication Authorization
- This will be completed online within Magnus Health. This authorization will allow the nurse to administer over-the-counter medication to your son during the school day as needed.Allergy Action Plan Form
- If your son has a life-threatning allergy that would require an EpiPen, an allergy action plan with signatures by both the prescribing physican and parent/guardian along with
medication orders for EpiPen administration must be submitted to the health office. An EpiPen will be kept in your son's backback and a back up in the health office. We will accept your physician's standard form. This completed form will be uploaded online within Magnus Health.Asthma Action Plan Form
- If your son has asthma, an asthma action plan signed by both the prescribing physican and parent/guardian must be submitted to the health office. We will accept your physican's standard form. This completed form will be uploaded online within Magnus Health.Diabetes Action Plan Form
- If your son has diabetes whether on a pump or injections, we will need physician orders for glucose testing and insulin administration. We will accept your physician's standard form. This completed form will be uploaded online within Magnus Health.Seizure Action Plan Form
- If your son has a seizure disorder, we will need physician orders for medication and/or an action plan. We will accept your physician's standard form. This completed form will be uploaded online within Magnus Health.Prescription Medication Order Form
- If your son requires daily medication during the school day, please obtain a Medication Order from the prescribing physician. This order must be signed by both
the physican and parent/guardian. Medications must be in their original container with your son's name, dosage instructions, and Physician's name. The directions on the container must match the physician's written order. We will accept your physician's standard form This completed form will be uploaded online within Magnus Health.Concussion Form
- This form, online course and exam is required ONCE
a year for student athletes and a parent/guardian. A parent/guardian must complete the course titled "Concussion in Sports", students must complete the course "Concussion for Students". You can access the concussion course at www.nfhslearn.com
. Upon completing the online course and exam, please save and/or print out the certificate of completion for both student reflecting the course "Concussion for Students" and a parent/guardian reflecting the course "Concussion in Sports" as this will be uploaded within Magnus Health.Pre-Participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form
- This online form must be completed by a parent/guardian of each student participating in athletics PRIOR
to the start of EACH
All forms that will be needed can be found within Magnus Health. Please do not mail or drop off forms as all will be uploaded within Magnus Health. This is a time of transition and I am here to help, please don't hesitate to contact the Health Office. Email is the most efficient during the summer months. If you have technical questions, please contact Magnus Health directly.