Cross Country is a Fall sport. There is a freshmen, JV and Varsity team. All teams practice together.
There are two types of competitions (meets) in Cross Country: dual meets, a meet between two teams, and an invitational, races among many teams. The District and State meets are in the invitational category. In a dual meet there are three possibilities:
1. One race with no limits on the number of runners.
2. Two races - one varsity (12 runners max. per team), and one JV (non-varsity) or one freshman and one non-freshman (no limit).
3. Three races - one varsity (12 max.), one JV (no limit) and one freshman (no limit).
In an invitational there is usually a Varsity race (7 max.), a JV race that has no limit on runners, and a freshman race that has no limit on runners. At districts and states, ten runners are eligible to compete, but a maximum of 7 can actually run.
We practice every week day.
Please meet on the field near Main Street at the upper entrance to the school.Each runner needs:
1) a relatively-new pair of training shoes for running, not racing shoes nor cross-training shoes;
2) a wristwatch with a stopwatch;
3) a medical form on file with the school.
Practice goes from 2:30 to 4:30, plus strength & conditioning work 2-3 times per week.
Team members must purchase a uniform from the school,.*Important
Student cannot practice without these forms completed:
1. Physician/Parental Physical Form - Updated form must be on file with the School Nurse
2. Pre-Concussion Information Forms - Give a copy to the coach
3. MIAA Required Concussion Course - Give a copy to the coach